It’s been brought to my attention that some of my clients have “bought” into the Google scam, and I want to caution you:
First, anyone who says they will put you on the first page is lying. There is NO guarantee of that.
Second, if they create a new Google account for you, they will undo any good that has been done by the account I set up for you when I built your site. Not only will they not be successful, but Google will remove you from their listings because you are not allowed two listings.
Third, if you think you would like your listing higher, more visible there are things that can be done:
- Promote your site in print. Google looks at several things in determining where and how you come up, one of those things is how many people are visiting your site.
- Have other relevant sites link to you. Another part of the equation Google looks at is how many other relevant sites are linked to you. Very successful links include YouTube and Facebook.
- Offer relevant, current information. Google wants at least 250 words on any page it indexes because it is looking for information. It looks at the relevancy of the information to what people are searching for, so the more information people are looking that you provide, the better you will come up. Google also looks at how often the information is updated, so change it often.
- Have people write reviews for you on Google, also Yelp, and Facebook help if you have linked them to your site.
- And last, but not least, it is sometimes helpful to advertise on Google to stimulate traffic. A budget can be set that you pay on a per click basis. You can regulate how much you want to spend per month, generally starting at $50 per month.